Monday 20 April 2009

Simoncini Factory visit

Orlando holding one of his frames
The factory floor


Above are the pictures of my visit to Simoncini to see where my steel frame road bike is made in the heart of Tuscany, Italy. Orlando Simoncini is still making frames by hand and took the details of my frame, colors which will match my bike, parts to be chromed. He showed me his workshop and you can still see that his father who started the frame building tradition has his method still intact. Orlando was very helpful and showed me his bikes which he still uses.
The factory was found in a industrial area of Italy but is surrounded by grape vines. The factory was set back and was full of frames, bikes, pictures of famous riders that had owned his bikes.
Still made in a traditional way.


No comments:

Post a Comment